The Covid-19 crisis has forced a lot of businesses and activities to come to a grinding halt, but fortunately, under the Government’s regulations, essential work within the building repairs, maintenance and servicing sector remains possible, with Burwell Maintenance falling into that category.
But whilst we’re able to continue offering our full range of commercial property maintenance services, including water treatment, air-conditioning and ventilation, electrical services and more, we remain extremely aware of the need to protect our staff and customers from infection, and as such have implemented the following safety measures when our technicians are on site.
- Our team is kept up to date on all developments and guidance from the appropriate sources including Government and the NHS.
- We monitor our staff daily to ensure they are in good health, that their temperature is stable and that they are not showing any signs of infection.
- We call ahead to our clients to let them know our team has been checked, find out what the situation is on-site in terms of occupancy, and let the client know how many technicians are attending their job so that appropriate distancing measures can be planned in advance.
- Our technicians wear all the correct specification Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and sanitise hands before arriving on site, as well as regularly as the work is being done.
- We also observe social distancing protocols when meeting and speaking to the client to get the necessary details about the required work.
- We request that our clients move away from the job-site area whilst our work proceeds and ensure that we sanitise the areas our technicians have been working in before we exit the job site.
We remain committed to offering the best possible service whilst observing the necessary protocols as strictly as we can.